Wednesday, March 15, 2006

TRIP TO SPURN

A few of the group have expressed an interest in having a weekend staying at Spurn Observatory in April. I'm willing to co-ordinate everything if people can let me know their favoured dates/whether they have transport or not etc.

The plan would be to go over Friday evening and come back Sunday night. The cost of the accommadtion is £5 per night for Friends of Spurn (£20 Joining fee) or £7 per night everyone else.

As the observatory is likely to get booked up at this time of year can people let me know by Sunday 19th. I will try to fit any late come'ers in.

I favour the first or second weekend due to the fact that after that I'm on Skye and then off to Bulgaria.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoy Bulgaria as much as I did - great birding!

Nick Carter said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nick Carter said...

Would love to come along as I have many happy memories of weekends at Spurn. Second weekend of the two is best for me although I could only be there for the Saturday night as I have tickets to see Bonnie Raitt on Friday. If you book this weekend I am a "friend of SBO" so would qualify for the discount!

Green Business Network (GBN) said...

Only the second weekend fits for me, but I could only come over for the day (saturday) as things stand. Maybe I could bring that nice Mr Carter over with me, if someone else had room to bring him back on the Sunday?

Andrew Huyton said...

I think with the response so far we will now go with the second weekend. That is to say Saturday 8th/Sunday 9th.