Friday, August 04, 2006

My best day at Ringstone so far!!!

I only stopped off for a quick check as I had my heart set on a visit to Whiteholme.
After length referrals to the guide book and blowing up some very distant shots of the tern I'm sorry to have to say that I'll have to put it down as a Commic Tern. The weather at 9:30 this morning was rather misty which didn't help the id process and the wind prevented any steady shots down my scope.
Anyway moving on from that on a positive note:-
Black Tailed Godwit, Ringed Plover, 7 LRP, 1 GC grebe, 2 Curlew, 7 Lapwing, 1 Common Gull, 26 BH Gull, 37 Canada Geese NW field, 8 Swallow.
South Shore produced 2 Willow Warbler -see photo-, 2 Robin.
Feeders, c15 Greenfinch, Chaffinch, 2 Dunnock, 4 Blue tit, 1 juv Robin, Blackbird.
Res Wall nr Feeders 1 Mipit.

And to round things off just as I was about to leave 2 juv Peregrines flew in and perched on shore line whilst one of them took a bath the other being harrassed by LRP decided to play some half hearted chase with them.

1 comment:

Nick Carter said...

Cracking photo Andy!