Sunday, October 29, 2006

KNOT at FLY FLATTS

29/10/06 Cold NW > 4-5 dropping by mid a.m. Clear blue skies
One of those dreaded moments with no birds for 1 hour then panic for 2 mins and its all over.
0910 at the NW corner of the res and suddenly 3 birds appeared from low over the water and straight over my head. I quickly got on the 2 closest together and found them to be Knot. When I went onto the third bird expecting another Knot it was a Merlin which had obviously put them up.When I looked back for the 2 Knot they were nowhere in sight and couldnt be seen flying off. The birds had either landed or more likely gone up high and away.
A walk round and a scan on the banks proved fruitless.
Also :- 1 Peregrine
4 Greylag >N
15 Fieldfare >S
22 Redwing >S
9 Mipits >
No Twite

SOIL HILL
1030hrs
2 Stonechat
5 Linnet
1 Skylark
No Twite
BS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As per my phone txt msg, the Twite were halfway down the slope. Ironic isn't it that when I looked at the SE corner, I saw all your seed, but didn't even get one Linnet.

Anonymous said...

We may lose the Linnets from Soil Hill shortly unless some stay and over winter.