Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Ton up, a day late

A week ago I stood at 97 for Calderdale this year, within easy reach of getting 100 in 100 days. Unfortunatly that was before I caught the flu bug from UTUMNO. Vis mig site abandoned I can only immagine what I have missed. A short walk yesterday got me Chiffchaff at Ovenden Wood and took me to 98, then today a short visit to Roils Head got me 3 Willow Warblers (4 days earlier than last year) and a Wheatear at last. Also nice to see were 2 Redpoll, 1 in song flight. 100 in 101 days, if it wasn't for the curse of Mandos I would have easily achieved Gordons challenge.

2 comments:

martynbirder said...

A good effort.

Can anyone reach 200? ever

After 25 years I have only managed 191 species in Halifax,

heavy birder said...

Im still on 192 and Andy C has just also gone to 192 with the Rock Pipit and Osprey, who knows how many John Beaumont is on, he must be in the 190s.