Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Nuthatch At Cromwell Bottom

Morning all, Les Midgley and I had excellent views of a Nuthatch at the edge of the angling lake this morning. The bird was totally unfazed by our presence and moved around a small tree looking for food no more than 6 feet from us. I have been told by one of the decent anglers on the lake that a pair of Nuthatches are breeding in the lake trees, is this pair know about by the bird club ?

Les also thought he heard a Grasshopper Warbler in the usual place on Brookfoot Loop at Cromwell Bottom on Monday morning, but did not get a view of the bird. We looked again this morning but could not see or hear one.

2 comments:

Matt Bell said...

I was out walking with the kids at the weekend, and was convinced I had a gropper at Jumble Hole, until I realised it was my son behind me with a Doctor Who sonic screwdriver. Doh!

Goldon Gordon said...

But does it count as a year list tick :-))