Tuesday, June 26, 2007

AND STILL THE SEARCH GOES ON

Tonight Nick D, Nick C and myself checked 2 LEO sites with success at 1 meaning that we now have confirmed breeding at 3 sites in Calderdale. The successful site tonight had been checked previously this year without success so please don't give up on sites you may have checked without success.
One suggested tactic is to change the times you visit.
The site tonight produced great views of a fledged young bird and also possibly another calling.
Also had good views of 2 roding Woodcock.
Other birds seen tonight incl, M/F Stonechat, grey wagtail, little owl,3 Ring Ouzel, Kestrel, Common Sandpiper and Curlew.
Also had a Tawny Owl calling close to home.
After leaving the 2 Nicks I went onto check another sight which I felt might hold LEO unfortunately nothing but I shall try again. Did have a Hare entertain me by running in front of my car.
Oh one other tip if you are out looking for LEO - DON'T forget some GOOD midge repellant.

1 comment:

darrell j prest said...

keep up the good work lads,if it wasnt for getting up at 4 every morning i would be with you.