Monday, August 20, 2007

Birds at Cromwell Bottom

Goosander numbers are starting to build up already at CB this season. We spotted at least eight individuals last week and this morning spotted a group (Flock ?) of 18. All redheads so presumably females or immatures ? Also spotted (or heard) Kingfisher, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Green Woodpecker, Tree Creeper, Wren, Robin, Tit spp, Sparrowhawk, Heron, Hedge Sparrow (or whatever its now called), Blackbird, Mistle Thrush,Magpie, Jay, Crow and various little brown jobs I could not ID safely. Nothing particularly exciting but at least plenty to view in a one hour walk round with the dog. I assume Tree Creeper is rather under recorded rather than scarce in Calderdale ? I see them regularly enough on my morning walks (one of my favorite birds) but cannot recall any other mentions on this blog.

No comments: