Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Ogden/Soil Hill/Fly Flats

Ogden - 1 drake Goldeneye with the c80 assortment of Mallards near the information centre.

Ogden (Back Lane) 2 Ravens over from Thornton Moor area went high over the res'r plantation towards Cold Edge.

Soil Hill - drew a total blank today - but it's one of those places where if you get something it can be a very good bird!

Fly Flats - Red Grouse on the moor and 1 Jack Snipe flushed in the roadside ditch leading down towards the sailing club from the top road. It went down into the grass/juncus on the hillside c40 mtrs away but not relocated. Not another bird other than 1 female Goldeneye on the res'r.

2 comments:

BSUMNER said...

Thats exactly as I got it Dave except 2 Common Snipe came up with it. Glad you got it, its a site tick for me.

David Sutcliffe said...

I had one there a long time ago - must look at my records! My list for Fly is there somewhere!