Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Blog bird records

As its now the end of another year I am working my way through the Blog postings for 2007 to take any records from here to enter onto the Club's recorder program ready to pass onto Nick. The Club would prefer all observers to submit their records via this recorder program which is easy to use and great for keeping all your bird records on computer, anyone who wants a free copy just E mail me and I'll send it to you. To help with the arduous job of taking records off the Blog would anyone who has entered their sightings onto the computer program as well as the blog please let me know so I don't have to take them from the Blog. Hope that makes sense!

4 comments:

Goldon Gordon said...

Hi Nick
I have not bothered entering any records for 2007 but intend to do so in 2008. I think your recorder package is basically an access database ? I use Mapmate for my records which also uses a access and SQL, are records from this compatable with what you want each year ?

Nick Carter said...

Paul, See e mail I have sent privately, I think it answers your question (thanks to Nigel K).

BSUMNER said...

Nick,
All my records from the blog are recorded on group recorder which I have sent a disc to Nick Dawtrey and Mark Doveston as most of my areas overlap with Bfd and Hx. Bri.

Nick Carter said...

Thanks Bri, welcome back to cyberspace I assume you are now on broadband OK?