Monday, March 24, 2008

GREEN OR LIME GREEN???



Todays Red Kite as seen from by the canal opposite Copley Data Centre at 12:20 today, on viewing the photo realised it was a tagged bird from the release programme in Northumberland (Pink left wing) the right wing indicates the year which if Lime Green was 1998 if Green was 2006.

So what do we think you choose. I think it is a Green rather than Lime Green I would expect the Lime green to be much brighter.

Either way a great sight, my first for Calderdale and I was completely unaware that Gordon had seen it earlier at Elland. It's also very rare that I spend anytime outside of work even at lunch time. If only I hadn't put my camera away because it was much much lower when I first saw it thinking it was probably a Grey Heron before getting my bins out of the boot of the car and then jumping around like a mad thing.

5 comments:

Matt Bell said...

Well done for getting a shot Andy

AndyC said...

Brilliant ,well done.Ive only been looking for 25 years for a Calderdale one

Nick Carter said...

Me too, missed quite a few!

David Sutcliffe said...

Well done to get a photo Andy and well done to Gordon for seeing it at Elland.

Steve Blacksmith said...

I might have got that one, it must have flown past my house! But I was out of the area. Rats.
Well done Gordon and Andy.