Wednesday, April 23, 2008

MEETING OF CALDERDALE BIRD CONSERVATION GROUP

I am calling the extra ordinary meeting for 8pm on Tuesday 6th May at the Mytholmroyd offices of Calderdale Council above the library. The main priority is to select a New Chairman for the group to replace the outgoing Chairman Nick Carter.

Depending on how long this takes the floor will then be left open for discussion of other matters, at the head of this further agenda I propose the Twite Seed Project and nestbox projects.

If you have anything else you'd wish to be raised given time can you email me.

One proposal I have in terms of the Chairman is that we set a timescale for term of service in the position, I would suggest 2 years.

On the back of this John Beaumont has suggested that we also have a Vice Chairman who can stand in when the Chairman is absent but also will take up the position of Chairman once the Chairmans term comes to an end.

Hopefully this will perhaps make some of you consider taking up the role.

I hope that as many people as possible will be able to attend, don't forget that the Conservation Group is open to anyone looking to help protect and promote the well being of birds in Calderdale.

Also remember that these meetings are your chance to have your say on the actions of the group.

2 comments:

Nick Dawtrey said...

6th May is too late for nest boxes going up, they need to go up now. Whats happened to the ones promissed for Redstarts and Pied Flys at Luddenden Dean.

Nick Carter said...

Were supposed to be being made by Richard Marvel but I've heard nothing since, now I'm back in the country I will chase them up.