Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Birdwatching in bed - Jumble Hole Clough

Got up this morning, made a cup of tea and went briefly back to bed to drink it after opening the curtains, as I always do. I was thinking I'd love to do a bit of birding today, but I've too much work on. At that moment, a bird appeared on the telephone wire outside my window - c.4-5 feet from my head. 1st year spotted flycatcher. It flitted on and off the wires for 30 seconds, then disappeared. Just brilliant. If Mohammed won't go to the mountain....

4 comments:

Nick Carter said...

Sounds like the start of a new list, birds seen in bed.

Matt Bell said...

No comment

Goldon Gordon said...

Nick...I would imagine the list would be a very small one from posters on this blog :-))

Matt...how come you had time to lay around in bed supping tea when you suggest you had a busy day ahead :-))

Matt Bell said...

Paul - I was waiting for some wise*ss to pick that one up ;-)
I didn't say what time in the morning this was! And no matter what, I'll always make time for a cuppa!