Monday, February 02, 2009

Sundays Work Party

At the last committee meeting it was decided that this coming Sunday the monthly working party head into Hardcastle Crags to clear out the nest boxes. Unfortunately due to prior arrangement I'm unable to attend however if those of you who are prepared to help out with this very important work would like to leave your names in the comments section I'm sure we can get a good turn out.

You will also be in need of Ladders, cordless screw drivers/drills(with screw bits), manual screw drivers (in case your batteries run out), claw hammers for any that are rusted in. It was also suggested that the contents of each box be bagged and labelled in an effort to try and work out what has used each box, of course that means sealable plastic bags and sticky labels and pens.

Can I also suggest rubber gloves to avoid flea bites and a digital camera for photo's of you all and anything unusual that may turn up.

If you can each leave your name and pledge to bring an item of kit, further more could I suggest a 9.30 start meeting at the top car park, (if your taking a car let me know and I'll email Drew from the NT to arrange leaving them FOC).

Tim/Nick/Matt does one of you have a copy of the map showing the location of the boxes? If so could you kindly email a copy to anyone and everyone who leaves there name saying that they will be there.

For those who think I'm copping out I'll be leading a group up Stoodley Pike on a 12mile hike.

I look forward to seeing a nice list of volunteers, if you have difficulty leaving your name etc on here email me at andrewhuyton@hotmail.com and I'll make sure everyone else knows you'll be there.

Cheers Andrew.

6 comments:

Nick Carter said...

This coming Sunday is the YNU conference on the future of bird recording in Yorkshire which I will be attending, there are no other local birders going that I know of apart from Jane Uttley.

Matt Bell said...

I have the kids this (and every) Sunday and can't make it, but having made 8 out of the last 8 nestbox work parties/surveys in the Crags, I don't feel too bad!

Gan Ainm said...

I am away unfortunately.

Daniel Branch said...

i can come. we'll bring a ladder, claw hammer and a manual screwdriver. we can bring other ladders if anyone needs one

Green Business Network (GBN) said...

Hi Andy
I've left it till the very last minute as things were fluid because of the weather, but unfortunately I've got to work out on site on Sunday to make up for lost days on site during this week due to the snow.

paul&jan said...

hi we can work on the 8th