Saturday, March 14, 2009

Lumbutts to Withins Clough to Stoodley Pike

This was yesterday's walk but couldn't post until today:
Fieldfare - 34 (Lumbutts in fields by Top Brink)
Goosander - 4 (Lee Dam, 2 male and 2 female)
Grey Heron
Moorhen
Kestrel
Reed Bunting - 5 (Withins Clough by farm building)
Curlew (above Withins Clough)
Skylark - 3 singing between Withins Clough Res and Stoodley Pike
Meadow Pipit - 2
Still quiet on the moors around Stoodley Pike, but at least the curlews are returning. I expect Meadow Pipit and Skylark numbers to increase significantly over the next two weeks or so, and eagerly anticipate the return of Wheatears, followed by Twite.

Nick - question. Do we post sightings of "sensitive" species on the blog?

3 comments:

Nick Carter said...

Jeff, definitely not please. We are aware that this blog is viewed by a wide variety of people and is available to all. Sensitive species info along with all your other records can be submitted to our recorder via free recording software that was developed by the Bradford Ornithological Group, if you would like a copy let me know and I'll send you a disc.

Jeff Cox said...

Yes please Nick - that sounds useful. Do you have an email address that I can use for queries and info that are best exchanged off the blog please? I have the one you used to invite me to the blog but that is a "no-reply" email. If so, rather than put it up on the blog, could you email me using it please. Thanks.

Nick Carter said...

Best e mail address for me is midgleybirder@yahoo.co.uk