Monday, September 28, 2009

Last Call for Yellowhammer Records

If anyone has had any Yellowhammer sightings in the Calderdale recording area over the last 12 months, please could you let me know.
I would also be interested in any sightings or general status reports from just outside our area.
I would also be interested in hearing from anyone who has any first hand knowledge of older records, particularly in relation to change of habitat and/or land use at historic yellowhammer sites

Cheers

Steve

6 comments:

David Sutcliffe said...

Non for me this year Steve other than Bradley Hall farm area

Nick Carter said...

Same from me I'm afraid

steve_e said...

Nearest I've seen is one pair on railway embankment between Mirfield and Ravensthorpe, during nesting time.

Steve Cummings said...

Steve,

Do you have a date for this?

Mike Stead said...

25 Feb - a male at Hartshead
3 June - 3 birds in same area
8 June - 3 at Bradley Hall
10 June - 4 birds calling in fields surrounding Church Farm, Hartshead.
This looks like a good spot for regular sightings - will keep my ears open when I'm on my fortnightly run around Hartshead !

steve_e said...

I posted it on here 12th April.

I'll email you Grid Ref and more details.