Thursday, April 01, 2010

Elland GP

I think it is widely known that Elland GP is owned by Calderdale Council and is one of our most important local nature reserves. Equally it is widely known that the management of the site has, at times, come in for criticism from both birders and entomologists amongst others. I believe there has been criticism of both the Council and CBCG in some quarters recently which I think is a little unfair bearing in mind Andy Cockroft's sterling efforts to work with the Council on behalf of CBCG. I raised concerns over the future of the site at last night's BAP workshop and reassurance was given by Hugh Firman that the Council is keen to involve local naturalists in formulating management plans etc for the site. With this in mind Hugh has appealed for anyone who wishes to be involved to set up a group with which the Council can liase. Anyone prepared to give it a try? It’s easy to sit on the sidelines and criticise, now is the chance to get involved.

4 comments:

Mike Henshaw said...

I would love to get more involved at EGP as I am down there almost every day

Jeff Cox said...

Count me in Nick. I know the agenda's already been sent out but we can discuss with those present at next week's meeting if we have time at the end.

steve_e said...

I go by a couple of times a week & would like to help. Agree that we should talk about it on Tuesday if time.

Nick Carter said...

There is a CBCG meeting planned for next Tuesday in Mytholmroyd,anyone who wants further details please get in touch. midgleybirder@yahoo.co.uk