Friday, April 02, 2010

Tree Sparrows Update

Some mixed scrub and a hedge comprising Hawthorn, Blackthorn, Field Maple, Willow and Buckthorn was planted at Jay House Lane yesterday as part of the on-going Tree Sparrow project. Thanks to all the planters for putting up with me pushing my camera in your faces.
The Sparrows, however, were feeling somewhat camera shy and seemed to disappear for long periods of time. I couldn't work out whether they were off foraging away from the site, or were simply getting there heads down in a quiet little corner somewhere.
When they did show up, I didn't observe any obvious courtship activity or any birds carrying nesting material, so I guess it's too early for them at the moment.

1 comment:

StevenHWicker said...

Very significant Information for us, I have think the representation of this Information is actually superb one. This is my first visit to your site. Mold Inspection Kennett Square