Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Ogden Gull 15-09-2010


Could this be the same bird Dave... it looks like it to me? but will have to compare critically when side by side on the blog.... if so it has been about on and off for the whole of the back end of the summer at Oxenhope just over the hill. As a guess with the shades I have put it as a hybrid as well, possibly Herring x LBBG but has any one got any literature to support this? as could be wrong. Sorry about the poor quality of the snap but we have got to work at long range here! Snap possibly taken c two months ago but can get date if required.

Dave

2 comments:

martynbirder said...

interesting bird Dave, I'm not keen on calling things Hybrids but what else could this one be? I'll try dig out some info/photo's on known hybrids later today

say hello to Rod and Howard

Martyn

Dave Barker said...

Agree interesting Martyn, i've never had one with shades quite like this before and have kept putting off trying to sort it but over the weeks we have become to know it quite well, hence my recognition. It does look like Daves bird to me when I study them together on the blog.... will be very interesting to know what you find... I knew you would be the man with the resources to do it! Dave.