Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year All

Stood eating my daily bowl of Alpen (other cereals are available) and staring out the kitchen window wondering what would be the first bird to flit into sight I got to thinking how many of us did exactly the same this morning and what variety of species we all had as our first bird of the year.

Well mine was a male blackbird dashing past, I hoped for it to be closely followed by a sparrowhawk but no joy, instead a Pheasant wandered into view plodding it's way through the garden.

Over to you guys what did we all turn up first?

7 comments:

Andrew Huyton said...

Be honest no matter how common it may seem this is an insight into diversity not rarities.

Jeff Cox said...

First bird I saw as I looked out of the bedroom window (and after I'd put my glasses on) was a Goldfinch on the feeders. More to follow on the blog as I had a pretty good garden count this morning and early afternoon.

martynbirder said...

I always start the day with a look in the garden and today's first bird was a Redwing

AndyC said...

Carrion Crow

Matt Bell said...

Long tailed tits on the feeders

J.uttley said...

Mine was 4 jackdaws, as most mornings, because they live on the barn roof.

Phil Wood said...

Grey Heron flying S over Tod centre.