Monday, February 07, 2011

Langfield and Gaddings Dam

Walked over to Langfield and up to Gaddings this morning while there was a "fresh wind" blowing but no rain. Nothing to speak of around Langfield, not even a Wren, but when I reached Gaddings I was surprised to put up 2 drake Goldeneye that had been on the water in the calmest part of the dam. As I left I got wet with the spray that was blowing over the dam wall, which was OK as it prepared me for the rain that started soon afterwards.


 A Goldcrest and a pair of Canada Geese were at Lee Dam. Two female Goosander were there yesterday.

A pair of Bullfinch, 8 Redpoll, 5 Greenfinch, 13 Goldfinch and 10 Chaffinch were in the garden earlier, keeping their heads down out of the wind.

1 comment:

David Sutcliffe said...

We had a surprising amount of birds on the feeders today - Blue Great and Coal Tits - but none of your 'exotics' up this end!!!