Friday, July 08, 2011

Fly Flats and Cold Edge

Hard work this afternoon in the pouring rain but thought I might pick something up moving through and coming down to Fly Flats in the downpours. c50 Swifts and 2 Swallows were moving through. No gulls - and could just find 4 Common Sandpipers and 1 Dunlin on the res'r as well as the Canadas and 1 Reed Bunting.

Withens Head had 2 juv Wheatears and c40 Meadow Pipits

Cold Edge (scoped from Cold Edge Road)
1 Tufted Duck on the lower dam and not much else about.

2 comments:

Jeff Cox said...

I got drenched this afternoon Dave. I was at Withens Clough over on the far footpath where the dam wall path is closed so at the farthest point away from safety and the heavens opened. No shelter so I just laughed to myself and closed all the water-tight doors! Had soggy feet all the way home - and what for? A Curlew, a Common Sand and 42 Canadas, plus the usual Mipits and Skylarks of course.

Brian Sumner . said...

Nearly makes me feel glad to be at work in a dry garage.
Well done to all the birders thats trudged around in todays conditions.