Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Mud Hill



I'm temporarily renaming it due to the conditions up there, it must be one of the worst places to visit and dip, but as I pulled up a chap was driving away after not seeing the Snow Buntings, he looked shellshocked. Don't think it was just missing the bunts.

On my way up 100 Starling and 50 Fieldfare were in the field to the right and once at the top the 4 bunts were flying round so easy as you like. Also there were 3 Skylark and 10 Linnet.

Previously I'd been to Luddenden Dene in another vain attempt to get some good photos. Saw one bird but the light was so bad everything is blurred. I had been waiting for the opportunity to get there midweek and was hoping for a quiet time down there but I think we need a guestbook as in two hours I saw 19 other birders and I know some had been and departed in the morning. Pensioners eh?

4 comments:

heavy birder said...

Its surprising the interest the NLTTs have caused,on Sunday one chap and his daughter had come down from Newcastle for the second time. So far everybody as been well behaved with no complaints from the locals.

Steve Cummings said...

I still haven't managed to get any decent video of these LTTs
......

Jim Welford said...

I put a feeder up a couple of weeks back hoping for some good opportunities, couldn't get near it today! Aside from the humans it's being protected by a Robin so could maybe do with a second feeder at the same point.

ChrisJB said...

I know how the shell-shocked chap felt. The first time I ever visited Soil Hill, to see the snow buntings (I missed 'em first time), the place almost made me cry.

Chris