Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Coach Road, Brighouse

A lovely hot day 23c perfect for a spot of birding!

Great Spotted Woodpecker
Treecreeper
Great tit 2
Blue tit 5
Long tailed tit 4
Robin 3
Carrion Crow 2
Magpie 2
Blackbird 2

I was looking for the LSW but no sign, I did hear a strange almost light drumming sound followed by a coo noise, the only birds about were two carrion crows, im sure it came from one of them, one was like a slow popping sound. Has anyone ever heard crows making this noise before?

2 comments:

David Sutcliffe said...

Andy, yes I have heard Carrion Crows do what you describe earlier this week. I think it is confined to breeding birds but not sure without reading up on it. 2 birds were doing this in the park at the back of our house. They were together in the tops of trees near the nest site. Well done for picking that up.
I am waiting till you pick that lesser pecker up - hope you don't have to wait too long!

Andy Kiz said...

Thanks Dave I will have to read up on it, I wondered if it was the lesser at first but I could tell the direction it was from and there were 2 carrion there, interesting stuff!