Saturday, January 05, 2013

Other news today

From NK a report of 2 Grey Plover on Soil Hill this morning but they flushed and were not relocated though I did follow up checking the fields on the north slope and Raggalds flood.
4 Skylark on 'the hill' was about all I could find on the top though there were around 40 Fieldfare and c200 Starlings on the fields down towards Bradshaw.

Mixenden Res'r
7 Pinkies went through low, not making a sound!
3 Goldeneye (1 drake)
13 Goosander
16 Mallard
c80 Starlings
While I was at Mixenden I could hear guns blazing somewhere on the distant moors - I hope all the pinks got through unscathed.!

1 Lapwing at Mount Tabor and 18 Redwings on the landfill near Moor End

A Peregrine - male I suspect, was over the moor near Jct 22 of the M62 this afternoon splitting up a group of c30 Woodpigeons, but missing out on a kill.

2 Ravens also reported nearby today (MH)

More pinks tomorrow (?)!!

No comments: