Thursday, April 16, 2015

Wheatear on Ovenden Moor

      Had a wander about today on a very calm day, went up to
      Soil Hill first hoping to see Ring Ouzel and Wheatear but
      it was just wishful thinking, 4 Lapwing buzzing about 3 Curlew
      very loud 2 Stonechats 3 Pheasant and plenty of Pipits & Skylarks.
      Next I went to Ogden Water but car park full so decided to give it a
      miss but seen a jay fly in front of me and a Little Owl on my travels,
      I then went up to Ovenden Moor to have a look and the first bird on
      the moor was a Wheatear and then another but nothing else but
      meadow Pipits and a few Curlew and 2 Red Grouse, didn't see a raptor
      all day apart from the owl which surprised me.








     

     

2 comments:

David Sutcliffe said...

Nice pictures dave - no raptors for me either this morning it was too calm and no rising thermals!

Bradshaw Rambler said...

Not bad - Stonechat on Soil Hill Dave.
Nice one with the Wheatear.
John