Thursday, December 17, 2015

Swales Moor

Ringby Lane
I just had an hour or so on the top late morning - masses of corvids in the top fields (200+) - mainly Carrion Crows and Jackdaws with a few Rooks and Magpies mixed in and 40 + Common Gulls
3 Linnets feeding on the embankment
2 Pied Wagtails
1 Stock Dove
and a first for me along Ringby lane - a Goldcrest
2 Sparrowhawks high  >W
2 Meadow Pipits >W

Ploughcroft
There are a few shrubs at the lower end of Ringby Lane at the back of the cottage opposite the ski-slope and these were full of small birds mainly Blue and Great Tits, c30 Chaffinch, 11 Greenfinch, c10 House Sparrows and Bullfinch heard. I was on the lookout for Tree Sparrow as well as in former years I used to get them occasionally in Lee Lane! I wonder if your Northowram ones will turn up this winter Andy ?

2 comments:

AndyC said...

been looking Dave but nothing as yet....................

Bruce said...

Good to see so many Greenfinch David