Sunday, October 09, 2016

Fly Flats and Withens Head

An hour or so up there this afternoon - a Blackbird type - almost certainly a Ring Ouzel - disturbed by a dog from the moorland as I drove along. It flew away from me along the road and I only got a less than 100% view through the 'bins' and through the windscreen - it looked to have pale panels on the wings but I lost it as it went around towards 'The Nab'. Despite a search among the piles of rocks and the small quarries up there I couldn't relocate it. One that got away unfortunately - as I just didn't get enough to be sure to confirm the identification.

8 Greylag Geese on the reservoir along with 11 Mallard.
Lots of mipits - maybe 100+ blogging in fields along the top road, with another 80+ or so near Withens Head opposite the wind-farm car park.

No comments: